Introduction to SFIA
This event is not currently active.
SFIA, the Skills Framework for the Information Age, is a practical resource that describes the skills and competencies required by professionals in roles involved in IT, digital, and related roles. With adoption reaching almost 200 countries, and a framework of over different 100 skills described at up to 7 levels of responsibility, SFIA is the most widely used framework of its kind.
SFIA gives individuals and organisations a common language to define skills and expertise in a consistent way. The use of clear language, avoiding technical jargon and acronyms, makes SFIA accessible to all involved in the work as well as people in supporting roles such as human resources, learning and development, organisation design and others.
This course provides a useful introduction for those who are investigating SFIA for internal use, who wish to know more about the applications of SFIA, and who may be building a business case for the adoption of SFIA.
Duration: Half Day
The workshop covers the following:
- Common uses of SFIA
- The origin and ongoing development of SFIA
- SFIA licencing
- SFIA's 7 Levels of Responsibility
- Navigating the SFIA Skills
- The structure of SFIA Skill Level Descriptors
- Introduction to assessing skills
At the end of the course attendees will:
- Understand the underlying idea of SFIA and how it helps organisations and individuals.
- Be able to use the structure of SFIA to navigate and better understand the framework.
- Understand the key principles of determining the skills and skill levels needed for a job or assignment.
- Understand the key principles of assessing the SFIA skills of an individual.
- Be able to articulate the key benefits of using SFIA in an organisational context.
- Understand the limitations of the free SFIA licences and when a paid licence is needed.
This workshop introduces SFIA to those who have in interest in professional development (for themselves or others), or organisational capability management and design. Participants are likely to include a mix of IT and HR leaders and practitioners, recruiters, Enterprise Architects, organisational design consultants, and other consultants with an interest in this space.
Note: This is not a technical workshop, but a general understanding of the work performed by IT and digital practitioners would be useful.
About The Trainer:
Daniel Merriott is ITP's Director of Digital Capability and the Managing Director of ITP's consulting arm, Partner Consulting. Daniel has considerable experience helping organisations across the region implement SFIA, and leading the development and delivery of training, assessments, job design, and consulting services for clients in the public and private sector including some of the largest government agencies, recognised brand names, and smaller IT businesses. A SFIA Accredited Consultant, Daniel is also an active contributor to the development of SFIA, sitting on the global SFIA Council and global SFIA Design Authority Board.
You can register for this event via Credit Card online now by using the link below, or alternatively call 0800 252 255 with your Credit Card details.
ITP Corporate Partners and approved organisations can opt to pay by invoice by calling 0800 252 255 or emailing attendee and business details through to [email protected]. Credit criteria and other conditions apply.
|All ITP Financial Members||$300.00 + GST / $345.00 incl GST|
|Staff of Corporate Partners (20% Discount)||$344.35 + GST / $396.00 incl GST|
|Non-Members||$430.43 + GST / $495.00 incl GST|