Cybersecurity Incident Response Playbooks
Cyber Security effects everyone in an organization. This Cybersecurity Incident Response Playbooks course is intended for those wishing to develop incident response playbook(s) for their organization to respond to a range of potential cybersecurity threats. The course covers best practice cyber-response playbooks following the NIST cyber-response frameworks. The course also includes adapting existing framework to match the needs of a specific organization with experience professional guidance. This course includes a range of interactive scenarios, case studies, videos and activities using real life examples so learners can obtain hands-on experience with the principles that are taught.
Target audience and course pre-requisites:
The Cybersecurity Incident Response Playbook course is aimed at IT professionals from organizations with existing network and infrastructure teams. Previous networking and IT knowledge is helpful, but not required for this course.
Specifically, it is recommended that you have the following skills and knowledge before starting this course:
▪ Are aware of general types of cyberattacks (phishing, malware etc).
▪ Have experience with organization-specific IT infrastructure and practices.
▪ Have an interest in developing an organization-wide cyber-response strategy that extends beyond only technical staff.
This course will teach you the fundamentals of crafting cybersecurity incident response plans for organisations. It explains common cybercrime and cyberattack scenarios for various industries both in New Zealand and abroad. The course also includes best-practice cyber-responses to specific cyberattacks such as phishing, spearphishing and malware infections. Study of the course can also help to build the prerequisites to study more advanced IT security courses.
On course completion, you will be able to:
▪ Explain common cyberattacks for your industry.
▪ Perform a basic assessment on an organization's risk profile against specific cyberattacks.
▪ Produce an iterative cyber-response playbook for specific attack scenarios.
▪ Critique existing IT processes based on their resistance to cyber-threats.
At the end of the course attendees will:
- Have a good understanding of the principles of security assessment
- Understand the most common exploits and how to protect against them
- Understand the frameworks and tools available to minimise risk
- Be in a position to put in place a framework of tools and principles to help reduce potential vulnerabilities within an organisation
The course consists of a study volume, containing indexed notes and review questions, a series of supervised practical lab exercises and a comprehensive glossary.
Module 1 / Cybersecurity Responses
Responses • Appropriate Responses to Cybercrime • Response plans • Critiquing Cyber-response playbooks • Labs • Generating and Critiquing a cyber-response strategy • NIST compatible cyber- response playbooks.
Module 2 / Organizational Vulnerabilities
Software • Antiviruses • Firewalls • Vulnerability Assessments • What software do attackers target?
Common cyber-attacks • Phishing • Malware • Internal Threats • Labs • Comparing Organisations to recommended Cybersecurity practices
About The Trainer
Dr Elf Eldridge is a consultant for security consultancy Cyber Toa. Previously he taught computer science, engineering, physics and mathematics at Victoria Univerity of Wellington from 2013-2017 after obtaining his PhD through The MacDiarmid Institute for Advanced Materials and Nanotechnology.
You can register for this event via Credit Card online now by using the link below, or alternatively call 0800 252 255 with your Credit Card details.
ITP Corporate Partners and approved organisations can opt to pay by invoice by calling 0800 252 255 or emailing attendee and business details through to [email protected]. Credit criteria and other conditions apply.
Currently scheduled workshops
Want to run it at another time or place, or in-house?
Indicative cost for public workshops. Please contact us for in-house pricing
|ITP Financial Members||$300.00 + GST / $345.00 incl GST|
|Staff of Corporate Partners (20% Discount)||$344.35 + GST / $396.00 incl GST|
|Non-Members||$430.43 + GST / $495.00 incl GST|
This is an indicative cost only. Actual cost will be confirmed with you. Minimum numbers and other conditions apply.