Customer Service Excellence for IT Professionals
Demand for customer service skills in the IT field is on the rise. Customer support is not just about solving technical problems. Customer service is not just about explaining how your products work or when new products will be available.
Internal and external customers need to be listened to. Customers expect excellent communication and a helpful friendly service along with the technical expertise.
This half-day course is designed for tech-savvy people who want to communicate confidently and effectively with customers.
Customer Service Excellence is an essential course for all IT Professionals who interact with customers. Every interaction matters! These people are the face of the business and influence the reputation of the organisation every day.
Duration: Half Day
This course covers the following:
- What excellence in customer service really means
- Uncover the blocks to success - what is holding you back from providing excellent service
- How to ask the right questions to understand what the customer really needs
- Effective listening skills
- Useful phrases to show empathy with customers
- How to avoid conflict and resolve difficult situations
- How to say "no" and create happier customers at the same time
- Step by step approach to maintaining great customer relationships
This course will be delivered in a combination of nteractive and lecture styles with time provided for discussion and questions.
This course will be delivered by an NZTE registered training instructor who specialises in transforming technical communication. The course will introduce essential customer communication skills and is interactive, allowing plenty of time for questions and answers to address real-life issues.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Provide excellent customer service experiences to customers
- Understand and manage customer expectations
- Show empathy to the customer when things go wrong
- Maintain a calm and effective manner with customers
- Ask the right questions to fully understand customer needs
- Ensure the customer feels listened to and cared for
- Remove the blocks in the way of providing customer service excellence
- Be confident in building rapport and trust with customers
- Build a positive reputation for the organisation
- IT Professionals who have technical expertise that is vital to the success of the business
- Those involved in Customer Support, Customer Service, Pre-Sales or Project development roles.
Heather Grace is an experienced training facilitator and business coach with a track record of transforming technical communication, technical sales and technical business growth.
She has particular experience in running businesses involved in IT, Professional Engineering Services and the Sciences.
Originally from a technical background herself, Heather has diplomas in Management and Psychology, plus 30 years' experience in the business world overseas and in NZ. Her business experience includes technical sales, sales management, project management, contract management and general management roles.
Heather runs the TechBiz Success Academy, providing training and coaching in communication, customer service, technical sales and growth strategy for technical people and technical businesses.
You can register for this event via Credit Card online now by using the link below, or alternatively call 0800 252 255 with your Credit Card details.
ITP Corporate Partners and approved organisations can opt to pay by invoice by calling 0800 252 255 or emailing attendee and business details through to [email protected]. Credit criteria and other conditions apply.
No courses are currently scheduled
Simply register your interest and we'll look at whether we can bring to you when you want it. If you're interested in an in-house option, register your interest and we'll come back to you.
Indicative cost for public workshops. Please contact us for in-house pricing
|All ITP Financial Members||$300.00 + GST / $345.00 incl GST|
|Staff of Corporate Partners (20% Discount)||$344.35 + GST / $396.00 incl GST|
|Non-Members||$430.43 + GST / $495.00 incl GST|
This is an indicative cost only. Actual cost will be confirmed with you. Minimum numbers and other conditions apply.