Intro to Project Management
This half-day course introduces students to the fundamentals of project management, it's terminology, techniques and tools - ideal for anyone managing small projects or looking to move into project management.
Duration: Half Day
This course covers the following:
- Project Management in Context
- Project roles and responsibilities
- Project Lifecycle
- Controlling and Monitoring a Project
- Managing project variances
- Risk and Issue identification and management
- Stakeholder identification / analysis / management
- Methodologies - Which one is best
- What does success look like
- Common issues projects face
This course will be delivered in a combination of nteractive and lecture styles with time provided for discussion and questions.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the basics of project management
- Understand project management terminology
- Be able to apply a framework for effective management of small projects
- Individuals who are looking to move into project management or have been asked to manage a project for the first time
- Clients and other stakeholders who have a role in delivering successful projects
Chrissie Whitfield is the Founder and 'Chief Outcomes Expert' for Whitfield Factor Advisory and Coaching and brings over 30 years' experience in senior operational business and IT strategic management, consultancy, director and project delivery roles. Chrissie has been actively leading, coaching and working with various teams and individuals both in IT and across businesses.
Chrissie is a registered Gateway Reviewer, has a Diploma in Coaching, and is a member of Institute of Directors (IOD), Institute of IT Professionals (ITP), and has recently signed up for membership to Canterbury Tech. She volunteers on a number of Advisory Boards and Committees and has a keen interest in career development, women in leadership / IT and social justice issues.
You can register for this event via Credit Card online now by using the link below, or alternatively call 0800 252 255 with your Credit Card details.
IITP Corporate Partners and approved organisations can opt to pay by invoice by calling 0800 252 255 or emailing attendee and business details through to email@example.com. Credit criteria and other conditions apply.
No courses are currently scheduled
Indicative cost for public workshops. Please contact us for in-house pricing
|All ITP Financial Members||$256.52 + GST / $295.00 incl GST|
|Staff of Corporate Partners (20% Discount)||$303.48 + GST / $349.00 incl GST|
|Non-Members||$379.13 + GST / $436.00 incl GST|
This is an indicative cost only. Actual cost will be confirmed with you. Minimum numbers and other conditions apply.