Introduction to Search Engine Optimisation
This event is not currently active.
Level 4, 17 Albert Street
This full-day workshop, led by one of the SEO industry's most prominent trainers, will show you step-by-step how to optimise your or your clients' web sites to get noticed by Google and other engines. The workshop component will also include live site analysis of the web sites of some attendees during the day.
Whether you're an IT manager, coder, website coordinator or business owner, getting well placed for your key terms on search engines is hugely valuable and important.
The course covers the following:
- Definition of Search Engine Optimisation
- Search Engine Compatibility
- Why does Google Like My competitor Better Than Me?
- Organic vs Paid Search
- SEO Requirements Gathering - Where Do I Start?
- Keyword Research
- Title and META Tag Creation
- SEO Copywriting & Integration
- SEO and Social Media
- SEO Reporting
- 10 Steps to Get Started
- Useful SEO Resources
- Live Site Analysis
Book Early - numbers are very limited
Lunch is provided.
This workshop assumes you don't have a strong understanding of the details of Search Engine Optimisation.
Your trainer will take you through the basics step-by-step with visual examples throughout. You'll learn concepts and techniques applicable to any type of web site, with tools and tips provided that will make the optimisation process easier.
If time allows, the trainer will conduct a live site analysis of the web sites of 1 or 2 attendees.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Understand how Google and other search engines rank pages.
- Understand what makes a web page search engine compatible.
- Understand what type of content search engines love.
- Research and select appropriate keywords to target.
- Successfully integrate search keywords within web site copy.
- Create effective and optimised web pages.
- Learn why social media can improve your search rankings.
- Monitor your search positions and report meaningful data to stake holders.
The course is suitable for many audiences, for example:
- Marketing professionals entrusted with the responsibility of promoting their company's or clients' web sites.
- Webmasters wanting to increase traffic to their web sites via search engines.
- Small business owners wanting to learn how to promote their web sites on the search engines.
- Owners of e-commerce sites that want to increase their site's visitor to customer conversion ratios.
- Web site designers wanting to offer search engine marketing services to their clients.
One of the first search engine optimisation experts in Australia and New Zealand, Kalena Jordan is well known and respected in the search industry. Kalena has been marketing web sites online since 1996 and blogging about search since 2002.
In 2004, Kalena co-founded Search Engine College, an online training institution offering instructor-led short courses and downloadable self-study courses in Search Engine Optimisation and Search Engine Marketing subjects. Since launch, the College has attracted students from 53 countries worldwide.
As well as presenting at various marketing conferences and training events, Kalena writes a regular column for Site Pro News, as well as an agony aunt style search engine advice blog called Ask Kalena. She has a Bachelor of Arts in Communication from the University of Newcastle and is a self-confessed Twitter addict.
When not glued to her iPhone, Kalena likes to go geocaching and fishing.
You can register for this event via Credit Card online now by using the link below, or alternatively call 0800 252 255 with your Credit Card details.
IITP Corporate Partners and approved organisations can opt to pay by invoice by calling 0800 252 255 or emailing attendee and business details through to [email protected]. Credit criteria and other conditions apply.
|ITP Financial Members||$390.43 + GST / $449.00 incl GST|
|Staff of Corporate Partners (20% Discount)||$430.43 + GST / $495.00 incl GST|
|Non-Members||$538.26 + GST / $619.00 incl GST|