Chartered IT Professional NZ (CITPNZ) is the international gold standard accreditation for senior IT professionals, customised for New Zealand.
Chartered IT Professionals are recognised both within New Zealand and abroad. CITPNZ provides the evidence to support senior IT professionals who want to show they achieve real results in IT.
From a client, employer or peer's perspective, those with CITPNZ have been independently assessed by their peers and professional body to be the real deal - a proven ability to achieve real results at the level of a senior IT professional. Read more
Are you at CITPNZ level?
CITPNZ is not a test - it's a full assessment of competency, skills and knowledge, and ethical conduct to meet the international CITP standard. In short, if you are working at or above the following level, CITPNZ may be for you:
Autonomy: it is expected that work is often self-initiated.
- Works under broad direction.
- Is fully responsible for meeting allocated technical and / or project / supervisory objectives.
- Establishes milestones and has a significant role in the assignment of tasks and / or responsibilities.
Influence: leadership ability to achieve successful business benefit.
- Influences organisation, customers, suppliers, partners and peers on the contribution of their own specialism.
- Builds appropriate and effective business relationships.
- Makes decisions that impact the success of assigned work, i.e. results, deadlines and budget.
- Has significant influence over the allocation and management of resources appropriate to a given assignment.
Complexity: the ability to succeed in roles that are multifaceted.
- Performs an extensive range and variety of complex technical and/or professional work activities.
- Undertakes work that requires the application of fundamental principles in a wide and often unpredictable range of contexts.
- Understands the relationship between their own specialism and the wider customer / organisational requirements.
Business skills: vision and appreciation of the overall context to achieve benefit from exploiting IT.
- Advises on the available standards, methods, tools and applications relevant to their own specialism and can make an appropriate choice from alternatives.
- Analyses, designs, plans, executes and evaluates work to time, cost and quality targets and takes all requirements into account when making proposals.
- Analyses requirements and advises on scope and options for continuous operational improvement.
- Assesses and evaluates risk.
- Demonstrates creativity, innovation and ethical thinking when applying a solution for the benefit of a customer / stakeholder.
- Communicates effectively, both formally and informally.
- Demonstrates leadership and facilitates collaboration between stakeholders who have diverse objectives.
- Maintains an awareness of developments in the industry; takes initiative to keep their skills up to date and mentors colleagues.
Does this sound like you? See the full CITPNZ requirements here.
Recognition as a Chartered IT Professional
Those with CITPNZ have been independently assessed as having the skills, competence and experience to achieve results in IT, and the ethical approach to do it properly.
This is a robust evidence-based qualification and usually requires several years of combined education and industry experience, the latter to a senior level.
CITPNZ has been tailored from the international CITP standard for New Zealand IT professionals. While drawing from and meeting the robust CITP standard, CITPNZ has additional steps that focus on competency and results in New Zealand's IT and business environment. This shows New Zealand employers, clients and others they can have confidence in CITPNZ professionals.
Holders of CITPNZ may use the CITPNZ post nominal after their name and gain recognition both in New Zealand and internationally as the real deal - senior IT professionals who have been independently peer reviewed from a practical, results-based perspective.
CITPNZ will make a difference
Research has shown that those holding professional accreditation like CITPNZ earn 15.2% more on average than those who don't - and 11.4% more than vendor certs alone.
Ready to apply for CITPNZ?
Ready to apply? The main application is submitted online and you can complete this over time. The online process will guide you through the application process and you can submit your application when you're ready.