NZCS Workshop: Introduction to Search Engine Optimisation
Equinox Learning Suite
111 The Terrace
These days every organisation has a website. But getting people to your client's sites is hugely important but often overlooked.
This workshop will provide an introduction to the core concepts of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM). You'll learn why SEO is such an important marketing tool for websites plus the key concepts related to how SEO works and what steps you can take to improve the discoverability and search rankings of your website.
The workshop will also outline the tools and websites that you can use to optimise your website and is aimed at all levels - website owners, online marketing, and developers.
The workshop includes the following:
- Introduction to Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- What is SEO?
- SEO and online marketing (SEM)
- SEO Key concepts
- SEO - Science or Magic?
- Paid Ads
- SEO in practice
- Page Optimisation
- Site Optimisation
- Link building
- SEO and Social Media
- SEO Resources
Book Early - numbers are very limited
Duration: 1/2 Day
At the end of the course attendees will understand:
- The core concept of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- How to devise a basic SEO and SEM strategy for sites and clients
- What resources are available and how to find them
- The importance of ethical optimisation and marketing
- Developers and designers involved in creating websites
- Those who provide web-related services to their clients, or manage that process
- Anyone responsible for administering a website or websites
- Those with an interest in maximising exposure to online content
John Clegg is an experienced internet technology consultant. He has been providing technology solutions and building large scale websites since 1999.
John was one of the founders of bidorbuy.com - an online auction site that operated in India and South Africa. More recently, John founded ProjectX technology, a niche online development company specialising in online mapping and addressing solutions. ProjectX built ZoomIn.co.nz - a community based business listing website and Smaps - the mapping site for Trade Me in 2006.
John has been providing SEO consulting and training since 2006.
You can register for this event via Credit Card online now by using the link below, or alternatively call 0800 252 255 with your Credit Card details.
IITP Corporate Partners and approved organisations can opt to pay by invoice by calling 0800 252 255 or emailing attendee and business details through to firstname.lastname@example.org. Credit criteria and other conditions apply.
|ITP Financial Members||$200.00 + GST / $230.00 incl GST|
|Staff of Corporate Partners (20% Discount)||$240.00 + GST / $276.00 incl GST|
|Non-Members||$300.00 + GST / $345.00 incl GST|