The Future's Closer Than You Think (followed by AGM)
ITP Events Centre
Level 24 Grand Plimmer Tower
2-6 Gilmer Terrace
Join us 27 June to hear futurist Phil Tate, give an insight into how we embrace ambiguity and constructively consider our futures.
According to the Danish proverb, "It is difficult to make predictions, especially about the future." Despite their treachery, we continue to find predictions comforting in the face of increasing uncertainty as new technologies upend established approaches. Strategic foresight assists us in examining our inherent assumptions, challenging our future perspectives, and provide a more agile approach to our thinking.
The session will cover:
- Change & foresight: An exploration of the nature of change and a look at how foresight expands individuals' capacity to address strategic ambiguity.
- Current future views: Everyone holds assumptions of what the future will look like, and it is critical to appreciate that these perspectives (either explicit or implicit) determine our current actions. How do we challenge our current ways of thinking?
- Trend highlights: A brief look at some of the critical technology trends that will shape future scenarios. If these are plausible, the crucial question becomes not whether something will happen, but what would we do if it did.
- Practical approaches: An overview of a couple of useful tools audience members may wish to consider adding to their skill-sets which will enhance their capability to embrace future ambiguity and build greater resilience into their strategic thinking.
The presentation will be followed by the ITP National AGM and a chance to network over refreshments.
Schedule for event
- 4.15pm Arrive at venue
- 4.30pm Presentation begins
- 5.15pm Presentation ends - refreshments available
- 5.30pm ITP AGM begins
- 6.00pm ITP AGM concludes
- 6.30pm Event concludes
About The Speaker
Phil Tate is a US-trained strategic foresight consultant and member of the Association of Professional Futurists. He has a strong reputation for providing sharp insight into critical trends affecting organisations today. He helps clients understand the interaction of these trends to challenge existing thinking and build innovative approaches to navigating the road ahead.
A former senior executive, Phil has significant experience in strategic management and planning and has a keen interest in the primary drivers of organisational change. He works with leaders to help them understand these drivers and develop resilient and sustainable strategies and plans.
Phil has supported many large programmes and organisations with future-thinking and future scenario development. In particular, he is;
- Adept at drawing on in-depth knowledge of global and local trends to highlight the critical considerations for your future development.
- An experienced facilitator adept at assisting clients in challenging their assumed future.
- A systemic thinker with the ability to connect the dots between many fields of change.
"His presentation was not only insightful and thought-provoking, it was one of the highest rating sessions due to the way he engaged attendees and made his presentation relevant to our audience. I thoroughly recommend Phil for anyone wanting to explore future trends for their industry, think about opportunities for their organisation or take a moment to glimpse into future possibilities." Brendon Ward, CEO Australasian Society of Association Executives.
You can register for this event via Credit Card online now by using the link below, or alternatively call 0800 252 255 with your Credit Card details.
ITP Corporate Partners and approved organisations can opt to pay by invoice by calling 0800 252 255 or emailing attendee and business details through to [email protected]. Credit criteria and other conditions apply.
Please note that this session may be video or audio recorded for viewing by other members at a later date. As it is possible that audience members may be incidentally recorded, please let us know if you specifically want to be excluded and we will ensure you are not shown.
|All ITP Financial Members||FREE|
|Staff of Corporate Partners (20% Discount)||$17.39 + GST / $20.00 incl GST|
|Non-Members||$21.74 + GST / $25.00 incl GST|