Live Webinar: Tech legal update - what you need to know
Connection details will be sent to those registered
This webinar will start at 4pm, click here to join the session.
Following on from our Covid-19 Tech Law update in April, there's a lot we all need to know from a legal perspective stemming out of the whole pandemic. Many individuals and businesses are getting caught out in various ways, and those in tech are no exception.
This update, in partnership with law firm Anthony Harper, will look at employment, immigration, privacy (e.g. around contact tracing) and general law, with heaps of time for your questions during extended Q&A.
The panel features:
- Matt Smith, Corporate and Technology law specialist
- Nicola Tiffen, Immigration law specialist
- Kathryn McKinney, Employment law specialist
ITP CEO Paul Matthews will facilitate the panel and put your questions to the guests.
About the Panel
- Matt Smith is a senior commercial lawyer with particular expertise in the technology and electricity industries. His extensive experience includes advising clients on the commercialisation of technology, IT systems development, implementation and support, IT outsourcing, privacy/data protection and more.
- Nicola Tiffen provides practical guidance to HR professionals, employers and business owners to support migrants with their visas, and to make the process as easy as possible. She also helps employers in obtaining immigration accreditation and tracking employees' visa expiry dates.
- Kathryn McKinney is involved in both contentious and non-contentious employment work. She provides advice on the full spectrum of employment law, from employment relations, industrial relations and corporate support, through to Holidays Act compliance and conducting employment investigations.
ITP Thursday Live Webinar
ITP's magazine-style regular fortnightly Thursday Live Webinars feature the awesome TechBlog Live Tech Media Panel plus a special guest or panel each session.
These webinars are fully interactive, with heaps of time set aside for Q&A.
4.00pm: TechBlog Live - Tech Media Panel
The Thursday Live webinar will kick off with a chat with our Tech Media Panel, giving a quick roundup of this week's big stories on TechBlog and elsewhere.
This week's Tech Media Panel features:
The team are a "who's who" of tech journalism in New Zealand over many years. They know their stuff and between them have edited or covered tech for many household name publications in NZ.
4.20pm Panel Chat
Short introduction and perspectives from our panelists
4.35pm: Q&A with our guests
ITP CEO Paul Matthews will put your questions to our panel.
5.00pm: Done and dusted
Viewing previous ITP Live webinars
ITP members can view all previous webinars in the Webinars section of the ITP Video Library. Most webinars are added within 24 hours of the live event.
The ITP Thursday Live Webinar, broadcast live every second Thursday, is free for everyone however numbers are limited and registration is essential. Please register below.
Please note that this session may be video or audio recorded for viewing by other members at a later date. As it is possible that audience members may be incidentally recorded, please let us know if you specifically want to be excluded and we will ensure you are not shown.