Live Online: Web Security Fundamentals
ITP is kicking off it's digitally delivered workshops!
This course will be delivered online so can be attended from anywhere, please note you will need a suitable webcam, microphone and internet connection for the duration of the course.
Security is a fundamental part of web development, software development or cloud services within an organisation. Those who have some responsibility for security, such as managers, team leads, devs and others, need to have a working understanding of the fundamentals of web security to help minimise risk.
This half-day introduction to web security covers the most common current web security exploits and the approach, principles and frameworks necessary to detect and protect against vulnerabilities. This is an essential course for anyone with responsibility for web or software development, or cloud services within an organisation.
The workshop covers the following:
- Security principles
- Top Ten security vulnerabilities as outlined by OWASP (covers past and current exploits, what they are, how they're exploited and how to protect against them and future trends)
- Software maturity model
- Application security verification project
- Example approaches and tools
- Top 10 privacy risks
- Internet of Things (IoT) projects
At the end of the course attendees will:
- Have a good understanding of the principles of security assessment
- Understand the most common exploits and how to protect against them
- Understand the frameworks and tools available to minimise risk
- Be in a position to put in place a framework of tools and principles to help reduce potential vulnerabilities within an organisation
This workshop is focused primarily on those with some responsibility for web development, software development or cloud services within an organisation including managers, team leads, devs and others. This is not a technical course.
About The Trainer
Dr Elf Eldridge is a consultant for security consultancy Cyber Toa. Previously he taught computer science, engineering, physics and mathematics at Victoria Univerity of Wellington from 2013-2017 after obtaining his PhD through The MacDiarmid Institute for Advanced Materials and Nanotechnology
You can register for this event via Credit Card online now by using the link below, or alternatively call 0800 252 255 with your Credit Card details.
ITP Corporate Partners and approved organisations can opt to pay by invoice by calling 0800 252 255 or emailing attendee and business details through to firstname.lastname@example.org. Credit criteria and other conditions apply.
|All ITP Financial Members||$300.00 + GST / $345.00 incl GST|
|Staff of Corporate Partners (20% Discount)||$344.35 + GST / $396.00 incl GST|
|Non-Members||$430.43 + GST / $495.00 incl GST|