Meeting Room 5
Level 7, Tower Building
50 Customhouse Quay
Also available on demand or in-house. Details
View other Locations/Dates
Agile software development, with its focus on delivery of working software, intense collaboration and rapid feedback, can deliver better results for both the customer and the project team.
But what do we mean by agile, and how do we know if it's right for us?
This half day 'Introduction to Agile' course provides an overview of the values and principles that underpin agile methods such as Scrum, eXtreme Programming (XP) and Kanban. It explores the cultural shifts that need to occur for agile to succeed, as well as covering common terminology and agile practices. It also looks at potential risks in adopting agile, and how to set your agile project and team up for success.
Duration: Half Day
The course covers the following:
- The origins of agile
- The agile manifesto - values and principles
- Popular agile frameworks including Scrum, XP, Kanban
- Applying common agile practices
- Agile roles and responsibilities
This course will be delivered by a certified training instructor who is also a Certified Scrum Master and practicing Agile coach.
The course will be a mix of activity based learning and lecture style with Q&A opportunities throughout.
Our trainers are both coaching multiple Agile teams on current software development projects, they use their experience to reinforce course concepts with real world examples.
At the end of the course attendees will be able to:
- Be equipped with an understanding of the key concepts of agile
- Be enabled to make the changes at your organisation to utilise agile ideas, tools and techniques and deliver higher quality software, faster.
- Understand the culture shifts that are necessary when moving to agile
- Be familiar with the language and terms associated with agile practices
- Understand the roles, responsibilities and activities of an agile project
- IT Professionals and Managers who want to know more about agile concepts and terminology
- Clients and other stakeholders of agile software development projects
- Anyone considering getting involved in agile software development and wanting to get a good initial understanding of the topic.
- Anyone already working on an agile project who would like to fine tune their implementation
Gavin Coughlin, Agile Coach and Trainer. Gavin's enthusiasm for Agile has helped many teams to make the transition to Agile practices. Gavin has undertaken Agile training with companies such as: The Todd Family Office, Fairfax Media, Inland Revenue, ikeGPS and Aviat.
Working in the web industry for over 13 years as a developer, content editor, project manager and Scrum Master, Gavin still works on active Agile projects and brings his everyday experiences to the Agile training he delivers.
Gavin is a Certified Scrum Master, Professional Scrum Master 1, Certified Scaled Agile Framework Practitioner and completed the Passionate Product Ownership.
You can register for this event via Credit Card online now by using the link below, or alternatively call 0800 252 255 with your Credit Card details.
IITP Corporate Partners and approved organisations can opt to pay by invoice by calling 0800 252 255 or emailing attendee and business details through to firstname.lastname@example.org. Credit criteria and other conditions apply.
Want to run it at another time or place, or in-house?
Can't attend at the scheduled time, would like it in another city or want to enquire about running it in-house? No problem!
|ITP Financial Members||$256.52 + GST / $295.00 incl GST|
|Staff of Corporate Partners (20% Discount)||$303.48 + GST / $349.00 incl GST|
|Non-Members||$379.13 + GST / $436.00 incl GST|