Social Media Marketing for Business
Terrace Conference Centre
Levels 2 - 4
St John House
114 The Terrace
This full-day workshop will show you step-by-step how to implement a social media marketing strategy for a business of any size.
Included will be real-life case studies, practical examples and clever ideas for using Twitter, Facebook, Google+, YouTube and other social media channels that you can immediately adapt to suit your own requirements.
It will also include group analysis of existing social media strategies of willing attendees.
The course covers the following:
- What Exactly IS Social Media?
- Social Media Statistics
- Major Social Media Channels
- Do We Really Need Social Media?
- Where Do I Start? Creating Social Media Accounts
- I've Got an Account, Now What?
- How to Set Effective and Relevant Social Media Goals
- Social Media Etiquette
- Social Media for Business / Finding your Corporate Voice
- Case Studies: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
- The Power of Community / The Hive Mind in Action
- Social Media isn't an Intercom - It's a Walkie Talkie
- Look Who's Stalking - Online Reputation Tracking
- Integrating Social Media into Marketing Strategy
- In-House or Outsourced?
- Why You Need an Internal Social Media Policy
- Bonus: Sample Social Media Policies
- Social Media Campaign Tracking
- Useful Social Media Tools
- Live Campaign Analysis
Book Early - numbers are very limited.
Lunch is provided.
This workshop assumes you have zero or very little understanding of Social Media marketing for business.
Your trainer will take you through the basics step-by-step with visual examples and interactive exercises throughout. You'll learn concepts and techniques applicable to any type of business, with tools and tips provided that will make social media strategy creation easier.
If time allows, the trainer will conduct a group analysis of existing or planned social media strategies of willing attendees.
At the end of the course, attendees will be able to:
- Create an effective social media marketing strategy
- Distinguish between the major social media marketing channels
- Determine if social media is suitable for their business model
- Create a Twitter account for a business
- Create a Facebook account for a business
- Create a Google+ account for a business
- Create a YouTube account for a business
- Pinpoint the most important social media channels for their audience
- Understand the difference between effective and ineffective social media campaigns
- Understand basic social media business etiquette
- Understand how to use social media for reputation management, customer support and public relations
- Implement clever and effective social media marketing campaigns
- Understand how social media differs from blogging
- Understand how social media integrates with SEO and other marketing strategies
- Draft a corporate Social Media Policy
- Determine suitable goals for social media campaigns
- Accurately budget for social media campaigns
- Track social media campaign effectiveness and ROI
The course is suitable for many audiences, for example:
- Persons interested in learning how businesses can benefit from social media marketing.
- PR and Customer Relations executives entrusted with the responsibility of liaising with customers online.
- Marketing executives entrusted with the responsibility of promoting their company's or clients' businesses online.
- Webmasters wanting to increase traffic to their web sites via social media channels.
- Small business owners wanting to learn how to promote their products and services via social media.
- Owners of e-commerce sites that want to increase their conversion ratios via social media.
- Companies wanting to offer social media marketing services to their clients.
One of the first search engine optimisation experts in Australia and New Zealand, Kalena Jordan is well known and respected in the search industry. Kalena has been marketing web sites online since 1996 and blogging about search since 2002.
In 2004, Kalena co-founded Search Engine College (SEC), an online training institution offering instructor-led short courses and downloadable self-study courses in Search Engine Optimisation and Search Engine Marketing subjects. Since launch, the College has attracted students from 57 countries worldwide.
As well as presenting at various marketing conferences and training events, Kalena writes a regular column for Site Pro News, as well as an *agony aunt* style search engine advice blog called Ask Kalena. She has a Bachelor of Arts in Communication from the University of Newcastle and is a self-confessed Twitter addict.
When not glued to her iPhone, Kalena likes to go geocaching and fishing.
You can register for this event via Credit Card online now by using the link below, or alternatively call 0800 252 255 with your Credit Card details.
IITP Corporate Partners and approved organisations can opt to pay by invoice by calling 0800 252 255 or emailing attendee and business details through to [email protected]. Credit criteria and other conditions apply.
|ITP Financial Members||$390.43 + GST / $449.00 incl GST|
|Staff of Corporate Partners (20% Discount)||$430.43 + GST / $495.00 incl GST|
|Non-Members||$538.26 + GST / $619.00 incl GST|