Using Google Analytics to Increase Website Traffic and Conversions
This event is not currently active.
Level 4, 17 Albert Street
Also available on demand or in-house. Details
This half-day workshop will show you step-by-step how to set up Google Analytics and what key metrics to track in order to measure the success and improve the performance of your web site.
Included will be real-life case studies, practical examples and sample reports that you can immediately adapt to suit your own requirements.
The course covers the following:
- What is Google Analytics?
- Why is it important to track your site analytics?
- How to set up Google Analytics
- Major features of Google Analytics
- Visitor pathways and sales funnels
- How to track various marketing campaigns
- Case Studies
- Conversion tracking
- Using custom filters and short cuts
- Different metrics for different types of sites
- What data should I track?
- What web site changes does the data suggest?
- Choosing your key performance indicators
- Sample web site performance reports
This workshop assumes you have zero or very little understanding of Google Analytics. Your trainer will take you through the basics step-by-step with visual examples throughout.
You'll learn concepts and techniques applicable to any type of web site, with tools and tips provided that will enable you to start using Google Analytics immediately or improve your existing use of Google Analytics. You are welcome to bring a laptop or tablet device that supports Google Analytics with you, but this is completely optional.
At the end of the course, attendees will be able to:
- Set up a Google Analytics account
- Implement Google Analytics tracking code into their site
- Determine which are the most important web site metrics to track
- Track visitor pathways that lead to conversions
- See how their web site visitors are interacting with their site
- See what keywords are providing the most traffic to their site
- See what web sites are providing the most traffic to their site
- See what pages on their site are the most popular
- Track various marketing campaigns in Google Analytics e.g. AdWords, SEO, email campaigns
- Determine the best performance indicators for their web site
- Interpret analytics data and make web site decisions based on that data
- Create meaningful web site analytics reports for customers and stakeholders
Book Early - numbers are very limited
The course is suitable for many audiences, for example:
- Persons interested in understanding how well their web site is performing.
- Marketing executives entrusted with the responsibility of promoting their company's or clients' web sites.
- Webmasters wanting to understand where their web site traffic comes from and how visitors interact with their site.
- Small business owners wanting to learn how to increase their web site traffic and/or conversion rates.
- Owners of e-commerce sites wanting to know which marketing channels drive the most traffic and conversions.
- Web Site Designers wanting to offer Google Analytics services to their clients.
One of the first search engine optimisation experts in Australia and New Zealand, Kalena Jordan is well known and respected in the search industry. Kalena has been marketing web sites online since 1996 and blogging about search since 2002.
In 2004, Kalena co-founded Search Engine College (SEC), an online training institution offering instructor-led short courses and downloadable self-study courses in Search Engine Optimisation and Search Engine Marketing subjects. Since launch, the College has attracted students from 57 countries worldwide.
As well as presenting at various marketing conferences and training events, Kalena writes a regular column for Site Pro News, as well as an agony aunt style search engine advice blog called Ask Kalena. She has a Bachelor of Arts in Communication from the University of Newcastle and is a self-confessed Twitter addict.
When not glued to her iPhone, Kalena likes to go geocaching and fishing.
You can register for this event via Credit Card online now by using the link below, or alternatively call 0800 252 255 with your Credit Card details.
IITP Corporate Partners and approved organisations can opt to pay by invoice by calling 0800 252 255 or emailing attendee and business details through to email@example.com. Credit criteria and other conditions apply.
|ITP Financial Members||$256.52 + GST / $295.00 incl GST|
|Staff of Corporate Partners (20% Discount)||$303.48 + GST / $349.00 incl GST|
|Non-Members||$379.13 + GST / $436.00 incl GST|