Entry and Eligibility Guidelines
Nominating for the awards is easy. This page outlines the eligibility criteria and entry guidelines for the Excellence in IT Awards.
The judges will be looking for individuals and teams who excel. Those who have achieved outstanding results through leadership and innovation and deserve the recognition of the IT Profession.
Judges have been asked to look for evidence of the following traits when selecting finalists:
- Demonstrate innovation and practical leadership
- Have proven results truly excelling in the selected category
- Hold the non-technical traits expected of IT professionals, including strong problem-solving skills and the ability to communicate well with IT and non-IT people
- Where appropriate, challenge conventional thinking and represent new and exciting ideas, products or services
Winners are likely to receive significant exposure, thus they need to be a solid representative of the IT profession with an impeccable reputation.
Expressions of Interest
Rather than a full nomination, you may choose to submit an Expression of Interest (through the nomination form). This is not a formal nomination, but rather an indication that you're thinking of nominating (or self-nominating) that individual or team.
The Awards Team will then be in touch to talk it through or collect additional information for a full nomination.
- Nominations are now closed for 2018.
- All full nominations must be accompanied by a completed Nomination Form outlining how the individual or team have excelled in their category and how they meet the requirements for the nominated category. Please do not resize the boxes on the nomination form - responses are limited to the size of the document.
- All nominations must be completed and received by the closing date of 18 May 2018. Where an Expression of Interest has been entered, the full nomination must be received by 31 May 2018
- You can nominate anyone who meets the eligibility criteria. Self-nominations are accepted.
- You do not need to submit an Expression of Interest before nominating, however may submit an Expression of Interest if you're interested in nominating someone but either haven't decided yet, or don't yet have the full information to hand.
- You may nominate for more than one category, however each entry must be submitted separately, with a separate nomination form, and relevant to that category.
- You do not need the permission of the person being nominated to nominate them. The Awards Team will contact them to check if they'll accept the nomination.
- Any commercially sensitive information supplied in the submissions will be treated in confidence.
Other entry and eligibility conditions
- The awards are open to named individuals or teams of individuals only, and the entry may not be in the name of a product or company. Supreme Awards are for individuals only.
- Nominees must be either resident in New Zealand, or a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident working overseas. Those who are not citizens or permanent residents of New Zealand must have been working in New Zealand for at least 18 of the last 21 months immediately prior to the closing date for nominations.
- For the IT Project Excellence Award, projects that are outlined in the nomination submission must have been largely complete and operational by 25 February 2018.
- For the Young IT Professional Award, nominees must have worked in the IT industry for no more than six years.
- The award organisers will be the sole arbiter of whether a nominee or nomination meets the criteria for the awards.
- The award organisers accept no liability for any loss, direct or incidental, that results from entering the Excellence in IT Awards.
- Judges will be announced in late May. Please notify the awards organiser if there is a conflict of interest between a judge and a nominee.
- The judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Nominating an individual or team, or accepting a nomination, signifies acceptance of these entry and eligibility conditions.
The following are the Key Dates for the 2018 NZ Excellence in IT Awards:
- 5th April 2018: Nominations open
- 25th May 2018: Nominations close (was 18th May)
- 20th June 2018: Finalists announced
- 10th July 2018: Judging day (in-person interviews with finalists)
- 12th July 2018: 2018 Gala Dinner, as part of ITx 2018
Please contact the awards organiser at [email protected] for more information or to talk through your prospective nomination.